Charlie says: This bike got great reviews when launched to the media recently. It's an exciting twist in the Surly world. I own a monkey and love it, its the older 29er version... the idea of a Monkey in plus size is amazing. This bike will be a hell of a lot of fun, whilst still allowing for anything cages, luggage and big adventures.
review here... http://dirtragmag.com/surly-updates-the-karate-monkey/
Surly say... The Karate Monkey is a cross country ripper with a reputation as a solid foundation for any kind of off-road adventure.
Karate Monkey is made from Surly’s size-specific, custom-drawn 4130 ‘Natch tubeset for a lively and tuned ride that will provide endless amounts of dirt-ripping fun.
Get after it.
- Surly 4130 CroMoly Steel ‘Natch tubing
- Fits 27.5 x 3" or 29 x 2.5" tires
- 51mm I.S. disc brake mounts
- Dual water bottle
- Surly Trip Guide full line guides for brake
- One set of fender mounts on frame and fork
- Gnot-Boost rear spacing is compatible with 12x142 or 12x148 Boost™