Jeff says... People might try and simplify it – “it’s just a long wheelbase Jones with 29+ tires” but it isn’t. It’s so much more. It is NOT slow handling. I’ve done so much work to make it still ride the way I want a bike to ride. Hours of geometry drawings and thinking. Notes and testing. This is really even more of a ‘rigid specific geometry’ for a ride that is much more comfortable and stable yet still with very quick handling. It is balanced in a way you wouldn’t expect. It’s big but feels right. You ride very much in this bike. There’s no roughness, no “I’m gonna crash” sensation or fears. It’s just smooth! And it climbs. If you stand there’s no wheelie. It’s planted. It delivers excellent traction and a huge sweetspot (and I don’t mean the tire contact area – I’m talking about the big space for the rider to move around (in the bike) and still have their position, the grip and the power transfer working for them).
The Jones Plus is a bike for riding fast, slow, the rough with the smooth; safely, aggressively, laid-back or raging; with a big load or stripped to the bare essentials; on road, dirt, mud, snow; in the mountains, on the flat lands, around town or across the county; around the world or your local loop; for getting rad or just getting away. It sets a new standard for bikepacking yes, but it’s so much more than that – it’s a bike for technical trails and big trips. It really does it all. I’m really excited by this bike. It’s good.Read more on this at: http://www.jonesbikes.com/framesets
The finer things...
Jones Titanium Diamond Plus (24” and 25” effective top tube sizes (Jones Medium and Large) | 29+ (and 29) tires)
• Unique Jones Geometry frameset – frame and forks designed together as one
• EBB For geometry adjustment and single speed chain tension.
• 68mm bottom bracket width
• Titanium (custom-butted down tube, straight-guage top tube for stiffnes)
• Jones TA bolts front and rear Simple, reliable, light, and low-profile (front weighs 50 grams; rear weighs 45 grams)
• Excellent clearance for 29+ tires (10mm+ clearance either side with a 29+ tire – with 29er tire you can get a palm in between the tire and stays)
• Ample chainring/stay clearance
• 148mm TA rear end Increased chain/tire clearance allows you to use all 11 speed drivetrains with the widest 29x3" tires.
• Huge frame pack capacity (Jones bikepacking bags available).
• TIG welded – tig welded cable guides, bottle, rack and fender bosses.
• Multiple rear rack and fender mounts for the best rack/fender/tire size fit (extra bosses allow you to have the rack at a height to suit the tires/wheels) so very versatile and accommodating of different equipment and different set-ups.
• Plenty of room for bottles! The 24" (Jones Medium) has 2 standard water bottle mounts on the top of the downtube, 1 triple boss mount underneath the downtube, and now the outermost fender/rack mounts on the seatube can be used to mount water bottles as well (total: 5)! The 25" (Jones Large) Plus adds 1 standard bottle mount on the seatube (total: 6).
• Triple bottle bosses underneath downtube --for mounting cages such as Salsa Anything cage OR a standard 2 hole water bottle cage.
• Jones Truss fork – comfortable, precise handling, no brake stutter
• 150mm thru-axle front hub spacing – for more front wheel stiffness and strength and compatibility with the latest generator hubs
• Fork accommodates 29, 29+, 27.5 x 3.8" and 26 x 4.8” tires
- Brand:Jones Bikes