Swanage Bike Hire
Cycle Hire in Purbeck Dorset
About us (me)...
Charlie The Bikemonger is a bike shop in Swanage, on the famed Jurassic coast of Dorset, UK. The area offers lots of interesting and exciting places to cycle including Corfe Castle, Durdle Door, and a whole island (that is actually joined to the mainland in reality) of “famous five” countryside.
I am located just off the High Street, beyond the Purbeck House Hotel, just behind Arkrights convenience store, just before the Black Swan. I have a small fleet of bikes, in a variety of sizes to suit all shapes and sizes.
Click here for directions and a map, and some route ideas.. http://www.virtual-swanage.co.uk/things-to-do/sports-and-activities/cycling
The Bikes... When it comes to cycling in my neighbourhood I know what’s what... and this is why we use lightweight mountainbikes:
- 27.5" wheels: bigger than standard 26” wheels so you roll along faster, in more comfort, and with more ease.
- Puncture resistant inner tubes, so you spend your time enjoying the bike and the area, and not faffing with a pump.
- Comfy saddles
- Disc brakes, for reliable all weather braking
- Shimano SLX 1x11 gearing is easy to use and reliable.
- Front suspension to smooth out the bumps, that can also be “locked out” when on the road
- Helmet is included with each bike. The helmets are great quality and cost £50 each normally
- A repair kit (pump, spare tubes, tools) is included with each group.
- A lock is supplied with each bike (and MUST be used)
- We can also deliver and collect from your home, campsite, hotel etc. This starts at £10, and increases the further away you are. Call for more details.
Cycle Hire Price list
|Adult 29er MTB||£25||£40||£110||£250|
To rent a bike you need to...
- Be over 18 years of age.
- Bring photo ID (passport, drivers licence). We also take a photograph of you.
- Bring a valid debit or credit card with sufficient capacity for the security deposit of £200 per bike.
- Simply email me on Bikemonger@yahoo.co.uk , call 01929 475833, or visit me in the shop, or use the online booking.
- We often need notice for child bikes.
- We can take walk in on the day bookings, but only if bikes are available.
- OR USE THE ONLINE BOOKING BELOW