Ritchey P-29 29er Mountainbike Frame.
Oh boy are we exceited about these. Back in the late 80's when I started proper mountainbiking (as opposed to making trackers and clunkers and racing round the woods in the 70's) a Ritchey was a thing of exotica, US of god damn A, cutting edge steel, garnished with a great big tash. Tom Ritchey is a legend, he was there at the very start of this messing around on fat tyred bikes and his frames are legendary. This frame... dead narrow headtube (still 1 1/8"), single speed-able, classic paint job, great looks, very real steel tubes. Guess what.... I am getting a new bike... sorry I mean we are getting another demo bike.
The return of the legendary Ritchey Mountain Bike. Tom Ritchey applied 38 years of racing, designing and building steel mountain bikes into a new model—the P-29er.
Like any Ritchey, this bike is born to go fast without sacrificing comfort or durability. Heat-treated, triple-butted Ritchey Logic II tubing in our own unique butting profiles results in a frame that balances rough trail compliance with sprint-winning stiffness.
The 29er-specific geometry was defined by the best way we know: countless hours of saddle time under Tom Ritchey and World Cup legend Thomas Frischknect and other racers. The result: nimble handling that captures the benefits of the big wheels, stable but not sluggish, equally at home on all-day epics or tight, technical singletrack race courses. The instantly-recognizable tri-color fade is a tribute to the classic Ritchey P-series racing mountain bike.
• The forged and machined integrated headtube uses standard 1 1/8" steer tubes and Ritchey drop-in headset bearings, but narrows to 32mm at the thinnest section—almost the size of a 1-inch steer tube. It’s a stronger design that allows for an 80 gram weight reduction over a traditional 1 1/8" steer tube design. It also makes for a stronger front triangle.
• The heat-treated downtube has a bend to accommodate fork crowns.
• Tange Slider dropouts. Gears? Singlespeed? Your call.
• SIZES: S (15"), M (17"), L (19"), XL (21").
• WEIGHT: 4.74lbs for frame/dropouts (Size: L)
• FORK: Designed for use with 100mm travel forks
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other shoppers!
Reviewer: Tony from South Africa