The single Speed gathering.... and....
Entry is now Open.
When... Friday 23rd May 2014 to Monday 26th.
Where... Red Lion Pub, and California farm, Swanage, Dorset, UK
What... Two things going on here:
The Dorset Gravel Dash 100:
Sunday 25th May 2014. early start,
- A one stage, one day, largely off-road 100 mile dash across the county and back.
- Starts and finishes at The Red Lion, Swanage.
- Routes supplied via GPX file around one month before the event. Plug it into your GPS, or mark up your OS map. There will be no markers on the route. You will need to navigate it yourself
- Terrain is mixed: dirt, mud, gravel, some road sections (sorry), chalk, tech, grass.
- Bike: a cross bike is ideal, but MTBs will be absolutely fine. Salsa’s Warbird gravel bike is nice too.
- Gears: yeah sure, whatever you want to use.
- 100 miles all the way to Bulbarrow hill (pretty damned big).
- Climbing: no idea right now, but estimated at 8,000 feet over 100 miles.
- Includes a t-shirt (this is TBC)
- Include camping option at California farm
- If budget allows we will have a broom wagon to sweep up the unlucky amd bring them back to the pub.
- Grande departe: coffee and bacon sarnies at the Red Lion Swanage
- Finish, back at The Red Lion, with BBQ, music and beer.
- This is not a race, it’s a reliability trial.
- You must wear a helmet and have front and rear lights. Some of you won’t finish in the daylight; we also get some thick coastal fog around here. Also read the T&Cs way down below.
- There will be a pre event briefing which everyone must attend. This is likely to be at 8am before the event starts TBC.
- No marshals on route, expect no food stops (but I may sort something)
- Categories: normal folk, single speed, fixed wheel, tandem, fatbike.
Single Speed Gathering:
- a field, camping, bike rides, pubs.
- Friday... party at the fire pit
- Saturday some good off road riding around the trails and pubs. go down the pub.
- Sunday, same again, back to The Red Lion to see the Gravel Dash 100 zombies drag themselves across the line.
- Monday: relax, sand castles, go home, etc.
Antony de Heveningham
A C Green
Camping... Yeah sure. It’s at California Barn on the hill above the town of Swanage. We have room for 100 campers if we all squeeze in. Small campervans are cool, big ones probably not. You get toilets, cold water, fire pit with a DJ, and big views across the sea. We may well have enough money for showers this year.
THERE WILL BE AN ONSITE CATERER, DOING FANTASTIC FOOD ALL WEEKEKND.
Not Camping... What’s wrong with you? Anyway there is a barn/chalet, and a shed on wheels available at California barn, feel free to book it directly... http://www.californiabarn.co.uk/accommodation/index.html. Elsewhere in and around town you will find countless hotels, B&Bs, bunk house (http://www.swanageauberge.co.uk/) and a YHA.
BE COOL.... This is a very low tech way of getting places allocated... So we are all going to have to be a little cooler than the guys who organise the TDF. I have 100 camping spots at California farm. But there is camping nearby... once they sell out use the list below... the first campsites on the list are nearer the main campsite, the last places are nearer the Square and Compass... it’s all local....
CAMPERVANS... If you bring a camper, email me at Bikemonger@yahoo.co.uk and just tell me, and we... I mean” I” will allocate some space. No electric hook up, no thrills. No room for big campers... bay window size VWs are cool. It’s a tight lane so no room for Iron Maiden Tour Buses unless you are Iron maiden... then it’s OK.
FAMILY CAMPING... want hot water, showers, posh stuff like that... go for the overflow camping options. You are welcome at the main campsite, but women like soap and fancy shit.
KIDS... man the kids are alright... bring your little people with you, no charge.
Racing kids... sorry kids 18 YEARS AND OVER ONLY.
DOGS... they are cool and welcome.
OTHER HALF etc... see prices for stragglers etc below.
Bunk house in town... http://www.swanageauberge.co.uk/ t
And more B&Bs and hotels than you can wave a stick at... http://www.swanage.gov.uk/Tourist_Information.aspx
ENTRY IS NOW OPEN
- SS weekend: £45 with camping, and £35 without.
- Dorset Gravel Dash 100: £45 with camping, and £35 without.
- Both events: same as above. £45 with camping, and £35 without
- Hangers on, stragglers, entourage etc... £25 for the weekends camping - thats three nights. Nothing if you just linger around town and dont camp..
HOW TO ENTER
- send money to me via paypal at SSUK2013@YMAIL.COM this email address is not an email address, no comms please. And yes I recycling last years email address. The email address is for paypal only, not comms.
- then email me on Bikemonger@yahoo.co.uk and tell me
- who has entered
- individual email address, full name, date of birth, and shirt size (small, medium etc) for each person you have paid for
- what event you have entered: ss weekend, or Gravel dash, or both.
- Are you camping?
- What are you camping in: tent or van?
T&Cs Please read carefully before signing up:
- By signing up (paying for) to this event you are accepting the terms and conditions stated below.
- Stay cool, be nice, don’t hurt yourself or others.
- If you don’t know what is around a corner, assume its a cliff and certain death. There are a lot of cliffs around here.
- Cycling on public roads and highways carries risks and that you are aware of these risks.
- All bicycles in your party will be ridden safely and responsibly at all times.
- You will obey the law. Whilst using the public highway, all riders must observe the Highway Code. If cycling off road, please keep to public rights-of-way where cycling is permitted and exercise due care to all other users.
- Cycling at night is more dangerous, all bikes will not be ridden at night unless lights are used.
- A cycle helmet must be used at all times.
- I understand that bicycling is a hazardous activity. I understand that the sport of bicycling and the use of this equipment involve a risk of injury to any and all parts of the user's body. I hereby agree to freely and expressly assume and accept any risks and all injury to the user of this equipment while bicycling. I understand that bicycle protective gear such as helmets and gloves are recommended, but they do not eliminate the risk and may not reduce the risk of injury in the event of an accident.
- I agree that I will release the organisers from any and all responsibility of liability for injuries or damages or to any other person. I agree not to make a claim against or sue this organiser for injuries or damages relating to this event.
- This event is not organised by, or associated in anyway with Bikemonger Ltd.
- Sorry no refunds. its simply not possible as the costs don’t reduce.
- By signing up you will become a member of an affiliated cycling club named "Dorset One Gear"
- Helmets must be worn.
- Don’t be a dick.